Have Faith...🙏

Luke 17:6 NIV
He replied, “If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be uprooted and planted in the sea,’ and it will obey you.

No parent wants to see there children hurt in any kind of way! I had to experience that feeling as my daughter went through a trial. My daughter took a test in the 3rd grade that would determine whether she got promoted to 4th. Well scores were in and she didn't pass. One of the options were to attend summer school. We decided to go with summer school. The test was given again(2 versions). One for the city and state. Summer school was then over after one month of completing it. Scores were sent home and to find out she didn't pass the city test and we had to wait to receive the state scores.  Upon waiting school was approaching really fast! Here goes, school has started and no scores yet. First day of school of course I had to take her😍. To know that she had to stand in the 3rd grade line that she was so embarrassed to stand in. It hurted me because it hurted her. My heart pierced when it was time for her to walk in and she said "Mommy come on in up to the door with me" of course I did it. If I could have traded places with her I would have. I didn't want to cry in front of her I had to be strong for her. Through all the testing I continued to tell her trust God regardless of how it looked. I prayed and prayed some more. I didn't give up because I just had faith that God was going to turn this around and he was definitely up to something! 2-3 weeks in a repeated grade and she was getting better, but one thing I noticed and that's she started to have faith too. She would say things like "mommy I need to plan my victory party because I'm going to 4th grade". To hear her have faith gave me more faith. She tested again for the city test and didn't pass it during the 2week of school. We still trusted God and could literally feel God was moving. While sitting at home watching TV I missed a phonecall from my daughter's school and listened to the voicemail to find out the state scores from the summer were in and she got promoted to the 4th grade🎉🎉. I literally threw my phone and ran up my hallway and thanked God and cried tears of Joy. God tells us to have faith the size of a mustard seed and we could move mountains. I'm a firm believer of this. This whole situation alone started building my daughter's faith for God and to trust him regardless of how it looked. Also, this trial helped me as well. God works in mysterious ways. It's amazing how he loves us so much he gets our attention! I'm thankful for it all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't worry!

Introduction

God has the final say so...